Sportifico Community Guidelines
Sportifico is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and sports. We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone.
By using Sportifico, you agree to these guidelines and our Terms of Service. We’re committed to these guidelines and we hope you are too. Violating these guidelines may result reactions by Sportifico administrators ranging from warnings and deleted content to suspended and terminated accounts.
Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version of the Sportifico Community Guidelines will always be available on this page.
Sportifico is for real people
Real names and accurate information: Unlike some other online services, our members need to display their real identities, by providing their real names and accurate information about themselves. It is against our Community Guidelines to provide misleading information about yourself, your achievements and career history.
Real identities: People connect on Sportifico using their actual and real identities. When people stand behind their opinions and actions with their real name and reputation, our community is more accountable. If we discover that you have multiple personal profiles, we will ask you to close all profiles that do not correspond to your real-life identity. Failure to comply will compel us to remove such accounts ourselves. We shall also remove any profiles that impersonate other people. We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information.
Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street addresses, or Social Security/Personal ID numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without a subject’s consent.
Be Professional: We ask our members to behave professionally by not being dishonest or posting inappropriate content. We acknowledge the value of discussions around sport activities, but we do not want you to use Sportifico to shock or intimidate others. It is not okay to share graphic images to shock others, and it is explicitly forbidden to share obscene images or pornography on Sportifico’s service. We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content involving minors, or which threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation.
Sexual exploitation: By “sexual exploitation” we include solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content involving minors, threats to share intimate images, and offers of sexual services. Where appropriate, we refer this content to law enforcement. Offers of sexual services include prostitution, escort services, sexual massages, and filmed sexual activity.
Play by the rules
Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence and property damage against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliations, or medical or physical condition. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories. Also, don’t use Sportifico’s services to intentionally infect others with viruses, trojans, or other software that can destroy or interrupt their data or computer devices. It is not okay to interfere or disrupt Sportifico’s service.
Public threats: Sportifico is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety are not allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm to people, businesses or animals as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment: We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:
- Images altered to degrade private individuals,
- Photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim,
- Sharing personal information to blackmail or harass people, and
- Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.
Private individuals and public figures: We define private individuals as people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest of the public, by way of their actions or public profession. We permit open and critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience based on their profession or chosen activities. We remove credible threats to public figures, as well as hate speech directed at them – just as we do for private individuals.
Self-harm: You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on Sportifico. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on Sportifico or providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
Respect Other’s Rights and the Law
Protecting your intellectual property: We do not want Sportifico to be used for illegal activities or to violate the rights of others. Don’t use Sportifico’s services to commit fraud. Sportifico is a place for you to share the things that are important to you in your sports career. You own all of the content and information you post on Sportifico, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on Sportifico, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
Respect Sportifico’s Rights: Please don’t violate the rights of Sportifico. You can find more information about what this means in our Terms of Service, but put simply, do not use Sportifico’s services to wrongfully take data or information. Never suggest that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Sportifico when you are not, and by no means violate Sportifico’s intellectual property rights.
We strive to protect people on Sportifico from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension.
Spam: You may not use the Sportifico service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- if you have followed and/or unfollowed large amounts of accounts in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive following or follower churn);
- if you repeatedly follow and unfollow people, whether to build followers or to garner more attention for your profile;
- if your status updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
- if a large number of people are blocking you;
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- if you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- if you repeatedly create false or misleading content;
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (basic info, achievements, career history, career summary etc.);
- if you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you are selling or purchasing account interactions (such as selling or purchasing followers, likes, etc.); and
- if you are using or promoting third-party services or apps that claim to get you more followers (such as follower trains, sites promising “more followers fast”, or any other site that offers to automatically add followers to your account).
Help us stay spam-free by not artificially collecting likes, followers, or shares, posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
Reporting Abuse Content
Our global community is growing every day and we strive to welcome people to an environment free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on people like you. If you see something on Sportifico that you believe violates our terms, please report it to us. We have dedicated teams working to review things you report to help make sure Sportifico remains safe.
Please keep the following in mind:
- We may take action any time something violates the Community Guidelines outlined here.
- Reporting something doesn’t guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our policies.
- Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g., is it nudity or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
- Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on Member’s Profile.
- The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
- The consequences for violating our Community Guidelines vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s history on Sportifico. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person’s ability to post on Sportifico or ban the person from Sportifico.
Help us keep the community strong:
- You may find content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, we offer you the ability to customize and control what you see by unfollowing and blocking people you don’t want to see – and we encourage you to use these controls to better personalize your experience. If there’s something you don’t like in a comment on one of your posts, you can delete that comment.
- We may work with law enforcement, including when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
Thank you for helping us create one of the best communities in the world,
The Sportifico Team